ARTWORK SETUP GUIDELINES
FOR LARGE FORMAT OUTPUT
We suggest the following application packages for creating and delivering your layouts.
- QuarkXpress Version 3.1 or greater
- Adobe Photoshop Version 2.0 or greater
- Adobe illustrater Version 3.0 or greater
- Adobe InDesign Version 2.0 or greater
GENERAL FILE PREPARATION GUIDLINES
- Our current preference is to receive layouts in Quark Xpress with bitmap images in CMYK TIFF format and adobe illustrator EPS vector images.
- Save Illustrator layout files as Illustrator (ai) format (DO NOT embed placed images; include support files)
- Create a custom color for black; define as 60-40-20-100
- When saving photoshop EPS files DO NOT CHECK the "include halftone" or "include transfer function" options. We do not support the 5 file DCS format.
- Make sure resolution of placed images is appropriate for output size. Your scan should be 100dpi for actual output size. Example: for a 30X40 inch output, image size 30"X40"@100dpi, or about 48 MB (CMYK tiff file size) You can calculate scan size (in Megabytes) with the following formula (measured in inches):
length X width X 0.04 = MB
30 X 40 X 0.04 = 48 MB